mumsnet

Tuesday 5 July 2011

Dumped!

February 2011

Am gutted.  Have fallen out with The Plumber.  I can't say it is related to him finding out about the GasMan because I'm not sure he has.  GM definitely knows I'm shagging his mate, but not sure about the other way round.  Anyway, this is how it went.  I came back from a little trip to the Emerald Isle with the MusicMan and get in touch with the Plumber to arrange our next tryst.  On the actual day of the planned meet, he texts and says he is too busy to meet up!  Men, take note - you are NEVER EVER too busy to meet up with the woman you are shagging - even if you are.  Instead, some really important family issue has come up that you absolutely can't get out of, or you are on your deathbed.  If you can't come up with a serious excuse then you might as well be honest and have a "Dear Jill" conversation..  And you NEVER EVER cancel a date by text.  Bite the bullet and ring, you cowards.

Anyway, I thought I was entirely justified in sending a stroppy text back along the lines of "I haven't been treated like this since I was 15.. . I never want to see you again unless it's with a boiler wrapped around your head".   I might not have actually said the last bit but I definitely thought it.  I suppose, then, technically, I was dumping him, it just didn't feel like it.  I suppose, when I read his text again, it did actually say he was really sorry and he would make it up to me the following week.  It's just that I over-reacted, your honour...  I did say that it would be a shame to fall out and maybe we could meet up for a coffee and a chat instead.  Trouble is, I think the damage was already done.  I didn't get a reply.... :-(

Bugger, looks like I screwed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment